Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Simple Idea...

OK so have you struggled for years figuring out a system to pass out patches and contain the extra vest gadgets we all need?
This has been a constant struggle for me and my co-leaders.  I have tried nearly everything... stapling patches to vests, one year every girl made a tote to carry their girl scout items in and we would place badges in the totes, envelopes with their name on the front etc.  Nonetheless, with 26 girls in my Brownie troop many of the girls would go home empty handed or the parents would claim not to get them.  Often we would have left over patches and forget who we handed them too.  It's maddening!  So this year I plan on sending the patches home every so often using the good old fashioned US mail.  Will this be a success?  Who knows, honestly I have not found a perfect solution.  So if you have a suggestion or tip to share, please share I am exhausted trying to find something that works.

However, I have found a good way to organize those pesky little vest accessories.  I use a daily pill container to store vest gadgets.

Plus, I always carry rubber earring backs to substitute for the gold clip backs found on the trefoil and girl scout pins.  You can purchase 100 for as little as $2 at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's Fabric.  This can prevent girls from losing their pins and is a quick, easy and inexpensive solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment